Steak Fried Rice2017-02-19
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4 grams
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced and well rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cups frozen grain-and-rice blend, thawed
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, halved
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Whisk the eggs with 1 tablespoon water and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet and stir a few times with a rubber spatula to spread. Cook, undisturbed, until just set, about 2 minutes. Fold into thirds like an omelet and transfer to a plate.
Wipe out the skillet and heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the meat just starts browning, about 3 minutes. Transfer the steak to a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Add the carrots, celery and leek and stir-fry until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry until just softened, about 2 minutes. Add the rice blend and stir-fry until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
Pour off any collected juices from the steak; add the steak to the skillet along with the peas and soy sauce. Stir-fry until the peas are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Slice the eggs into strips; stir into the rice.