- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 live lobsters (1 1/2 pounds each)
- 2 lemons, halved, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Lemon-Caper Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 handfuls chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fill a large steamer or soup pot, with about 2 inches of water, add the salt and squeeze in the lemon juice; toss the halves in there too for extra flavor. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Place the lobsters in the steamer basket or directly in the pot, cover, and allow to steam until they turn bright red, about 15 minutes. Remove the lobsters from the pot and cool to room temperature, and then chill thoroughly before cracking open. Serve with lemon wedges and Lemon-Caper Mayonnaise as part of a raw shellfish bar.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with a wooden spoon to combine. Set aside to allow the flavors to marry. Serve as a dipping sauce with steamed lobster and poached shrimp.
Yield: 3 cups