Steamed Vegetable Spring Rolls2013-05-11
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 18m
- Ready In : 33m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 teaspoons peanut or olive oil
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup Thai Peanut Sauce, recipe follows
- 8 spring roll wrappers (sold in the refrigerated section of the produce aisle)
- 1 (6-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (11-ounce) can asparagus, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the coleslaw mix and cook, stirring, until the cabbage wilts, about 3 minutes. Add the peanut sauce and mix well to combine. Remove from the heat.
Place 2 inches of water in the bottom of a steamer or large saucepan and set over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, arrange the spring roll wrappers on a flat surface. Top each wrapper with an equal amount of the coleslaw mixture, water chestnuts, and asparagus, making an even layer down the center. Roll up the wrappers, tuck in the ends and place side by side in steamer basket or large colander. Set the steamer basket (or colander) over the now simmering water, cover, and steam until the wrappers are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Serve the spring rolls with soy sauce on the side for dipping.
In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sauce ingredients until well blended and set the pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and let simmer for 10 minutes.
The leftover peanut sauce will keep in the refrigerator up to 4 days or in the freezer up to 3 months; thaw completely in the refrigerator or microwave for about 3 minutes on LOW before using.
Yield: approximately 3 1/2 cups