Sunny’s Easy Grilled Ratatouille2015-07-02
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 10m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 4 cloves garlic, grated on a rasp or finely minced
- 2 zucchini, seeded and chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 eggplant, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons hot Hungarian paprika
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges, for spritzing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for sprinkling
Heat a grill to 350 degrees F. (Or preheat the oven on its lowest temperature setting.)
Make a large aluminum foil pouch and add the tomatoes, onions, garlic, zucchini, bell peppers, eggplant, Italian seasoning, paprika, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Gently toss together and then tightly close the aluminum pouch.
Place the pouch over the indirect heat area of your grill (or in the oven on the lowest setting). Cook, picking up the pouch with tongs and tossing 2 to 3 times while cooking, until everything sounds soft inside, anywhere from 30 to 50 minutes depending on the cooking method.
Pour the aluminum pouch contents into a large bowl. Add the lemon zest and a spritz of lemon juice and toss. Taste and season with salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Sprinkle over the parsley and serve.