Sunny’s Easy Peachy Jalapeno Cornbread2014-07-22
- Yield : 8 mini loaves
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Two 8.5-ounce boxes cornbread mix (I prefer Jiffy)
- 2 large eggs (or according to box instructions, remembering to double)
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped canned peaches in syrup, drained and syrup reserved
- 2 teaspoons chili-lime seasoning
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped, seeds included (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
For the batter: Add the cornbread mix to a large bowl. Whisk the eggs, milk, peaches, chili-lime seasoning and jalapenos in a medium bowl. Fold the egg mixture into the cornbread mix. Let rest 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush 8 mini loaf pans with the melted butter. Pour a scant 1/2 cup of the batter into each of the loaf pans and spread evenly (each should be about three-quarters of the way full). Bake until the tops are golden, about 20 minutes.
For the glaze: Add 1/4 cup of the reserved peach syrup to a small pot, then add the lime juice and butter. Stir together and heat until everything begins to simmer. Remove the cornbread from the oven and immediately pour the glaze over the top of the loaves. Allow it to soak in. Serve warm.