Sunny’s Loaded Disco Fries2012-10-24
- Yield : 2 to 4 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 rotisserie chicken, white and dark meat shredded (no skin or bones)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 10 to 12 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- One 28-ounce bag frozen crinkle fries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 cups shredded provolone and mozzarella cheese blend
- 6 strips crisp-cooked bacon, chopped
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
In a large pot over low heat, add the shredded chicken and stock. Heat gently for 15 minutes to reheat and rehydrate the chicken.
In a large pan with straight sides on medium heat, add the butter, oil, onions, a pinch of salt and a hefty amount of pepper. Cook until the onions are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Then, add the mustard, red chili flakes, thyme and garlic. Cook a few minutes to combine, then add the flour and cook until you can't smell the flour anymore, 2 to 3 minutes. Strain the chicken stock from the pot of chicken (reserve the chicken) and slowly add the stock to the pan, stirring. Cook until thickened to a gravy consistency, 5 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, fry the crinkle fries according to the package instructions.
Toss the parsley with the reserved chicken. In a shallow serving bowl, add the fries, some cheese, the chicken, more cheese, the gravy, bacon and scallions.