Sunny’s North Philly Cheesesteak2017-12-22
- Yield : 2 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar/Jack cheese blend
- 8 ounces onion chive flavored whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 8 to 10 ounces beer
- Kosher salt freshly ground black pepper
- One 12- to 16-ounce boneless rib-eye, slightly frozen, then very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Italian heroes, split lengthwise but not in half
- Mayonnaise, for spreading
- Ketchup, for spreading
- Pickled jalapenos, for topping
- Pickled sweet peppers, for topping
For the cheese sauce. In a saucepot on medium heat, add the shredded cheese, cream cheese, paprika, 8 ounces of the beer, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring, until melted. Keep warm, adding beer to loosen if needed.
For the beef: On a griddle on high heat, add the beef and as it is cooking, sprinkle with the seasoning salt and black pepper. Cook quickly on high while flipping and allowing all sides to have contact with the griddle, for just a few minutes. Remove to a plate and cover lightly with aluminum foil.
For the sandwich. On the inside of one side of each hero, add mayonnaise. On the other side, spread some ketchup. Add the beef, jalapenos, sweet peppers and cheese sauce. Close it up and go to town!