Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Fajitas with Corn and Mushrooms2018-04-12
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup torn cilantro
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 jalapenos, seeded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- Kosher salt
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Neutral oil, for oiling the grill grates
- Warm tortillas, for serving
- Suggested toppings: sliced pickled jalapenos, lime wedges, tomatillo salsa, chopped red onions
For the sweet and spicy marinade: Put the olive oil, cilantro, honey, lime juice, thyme, garlic, jalapenos, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a food processor and pulse to puree. Transfer the mixture to a nonreactive container, add the shrimp and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours before cooking
For the corn and mushrooms: Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, cumin, corn kernels, poblano and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until the corn is light brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in the scallions and lime juice and season with salt. Set aside.
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat and brush the grill grates with oil.
Grill the shrimp until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
Serve with the warm tortillas and toppings.