Sweet Potato Tostadas2019-06-05
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5 grams
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds) peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 small head red cabbage, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 canned chipotle chile pepper in adobo, plus 1 to 2 teaspoons sauce from the can
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can refried black beans (vegetarian, if desired)
- 8 tostada shells
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
Put the sweet potatoes in a large skillet and add enough water to cover; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return to the skillet.
Meanwhile, mix the cabbage, 1 tablespoon lime juice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl; set aside. Toss 1 cup pineapple with the cilantro and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a small bowl; set aside. Puree the remaining 1 cup pineapple with 1 tablespoon lime juice, the garlic, chipotle and adobo sauce, cumin and 1/4 cup water in a blender until smooth. Stir the pineapple sauce into the sweet potatoes and cook over medium heat until warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Put the black beans in a small saucepan, add 3 tablespoons water and warm over medium-high heat. Spread on the tostadas, then top with the sweet potatoes, pineapple salsa and cabbage. Drizzle with the crema.