Tapas-Style Pepper-Steak “Parfaits” (Small Plates, Big Taste)2018-07-05
- Yield : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Marinade and Dressing:
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat prepared olive oil vinaigrette
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 beef shoulder center steaks (ranch), cut 3/4-inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 6 slices (1/4-inch thick) baguette bread, cut diagonally about 5 inches long
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped Spanish olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus sprigs, for garnish
- 2 tablespoon shaved Manchego cheese
Combine marinade and dressing ingredients in small bowl. Place steaks and 1/4 cup marinade in a food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for dressing.
Preheat charcoal grill to medium heat.
Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks and bell peppers on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, uncovered, 9 to 11 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Grill peppers, covered, 7 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. A few minutes before steaks are done, place bread slices on grill. Grill until lightly toasted, turning once. Cut 1 end off garlic clove; rub cut end evenly over both sides of toasted bread.
Carve steak into thin slices; season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Dice bell peppers. Place 1 bread slice upright in each of 6 (1-cup) martini glasses. Layer with equal amounts of spinach, peppers, steak, olives, chopped cilantro and reserved dressing. Top with cheese shavings. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.