Thai Noodle Bowl with Chicken2019-07-21
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4 grams
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce (such as sambal oelek)
- Kosher salt
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 bunch mustard greens, leaves torn
- 6 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pickled ginger
- Chopped salted peanuts and fresh cilantro, for topping
Heat the peanut oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the fresh ginger and all but 1/4 cup of the red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the ground chicken, turmeric, chili-garlic sauce and 1 teaspoon salt; cook, breaking up the meat, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup water, the chicken broth and mustard greens (the pot will be very full, but the greens will wilt quickly). Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the broth has reduced slightly and the greens are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil; remove from the heat and add the vermicelli noodles, stirring to separate them. Let the noodles soak until tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain, run under cold water and shake dry. Use kitchen shears to cut the noodles into smaller pieces.
Divide the pickled ginger, noodles and chicken-broth mixture among bowls. Top with peanuts, cilantro and the reserved red onion; season with salt.