The Carnegie Pepe Sandwich2017-12-22
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 12-inch baguette, French or Italian bread, or sub roll
- 8 ounces sliced low fat or fat free turkey breast (or chicken breast)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (or reduced fat Neufchatel cheese)
- Small container of peach mango medium heat salsa (or other fruit based Salsa)
- bean sprouts (optional)
- tortilla Chips (optional)
Slice bread lengthwise and split open. Spread cream cheese liberally on bottom half of bread. Spoon healthy portion of the salsa on top of the cream cheese (be sure to include the "juices" of the salsa). Close the bread and press down to ensure the salsa "juices" are absorbed. Re-open the sandwich and layer the turkey breast on top of the cream cheese and salsa layers.
For a bit of added crunch top with bean sprouts, if desired.
Side with a plate of tortilla chips and remaining salsa.