The Grease Fire2019-04-30
- Yield : 1 pizza
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 13m
- Ready In : 23m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- One 10-ounce pizza crust (use your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups spicy pizza sauce (use your favorite)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 jalapenos, sliced into coin-size bites
- 2 to 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onions
- 12 ounces spicy Italian sausage, removed from its casing
Remove your favorite pizza dough from the refrigerator 1 hour prior to making the pizza.
Preheat the oven and pizza stone to 475 degrees F.
Roll out the dough to desired thickness. Add the cornmeal to the pizza peel and place the dough on it. (The cornmeal will prevent the dough from sticking.)
Evenly cover the dough with the pizza sauce and mozzarella. Add the jalapenos, fresh garlic and red onions. Finally, put some pizza sauce on your hands and with both hands squeeze small portions of sausage on to the pizza. Now wash your hands!
Shake the pizza peel to make sure the pizza will slide off the peel onto the stone. Bake until crispy, 9 to 13 minutes.
Add a bit of your favorite spices (chili powder, paprika, or even hot sauce) to amp up the spice.