Three-Bean Chicken Pasta Salad with Garlic Oil2016-05-21
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup trimmed chopped green beans
- 8 ounces dried gemelli
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool to room temperature. Stir in the lemon juice and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Cook the green beans in the boiling water until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the beans to a colander with a slotted spoon and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Add them to the bowl with the garlic oil.
Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool; add to the bowl.
Add the chicken, kidney beans, navy beans, parsley and shallots to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. The pasta salad is best if served right away.
Copyright 2016 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved