- Yield : 1 serving
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- One 800-gram hogfish, snapper or grouper, gutted and scaled
- 3 grams fine salt
- 2 grams black pepper
- 150 grams achiote paste
- 150 milliliters sweet orange
- 120 milliliters sour orange juice
- 10 milliliters white vinegar
- 1 banana leaf
- 120 grams pimiento morron, sliced into strips
- 165 grams red onion, sliced
- 75 grams plum tomato, sliced
- 5 grams garlic, sliced
- 5 grams dried oregano
- 100 grams cooked rice, for serving
- 75 grams refried beans, for serving
- 5 corn tortillas, for serving
Prepare a charcoal grill for indirect cooking over medium-high heat.
Wash the fish thoroughly and dry with paper towels. Sprinkle inside and out with the salt and pepper.
Dissolve the achiote paste in the sweet orange juice, sour orange juice and vinegar. Rub the fish very well, inside and out, with the mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
Place the fish on a banana leaf and arrange the pimiento strips, red onions, tomatoes and garlic on top. Sprinkle with the oregano.
Transfer the banana leaf to the grill and cook, covered, until the fish is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Serve with rice and refried beans, accompanied by tortillas.