Tioli’s Crazee Burger – Turkey Burger with Orange Mustard Glaze2019-07-25
- Yield : 6 to 8 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 pounds ground turkey, white and dark meat
- 3 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced jalapenos, with seeds
- One 18-ounce jar orange marmalade with peel
- 3 teaspoons mustard powder (recommended: Coleman's)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Romaine lettuce
- Red onions
- Kosher pickles
- Hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls
Form turkey patties approximately 8 ounces each and season on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
Heat vegetable oil in frying pan, saute onions, garlic and jalapenos until translucent. Add orange marmalade mustard powder, white pepper, chili powder and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
Grill turkey patties first on very high heat until nice markings are shown, and then reduce flame to approximately medium. Cook patties until well done (165 degrees F) but not overly done. At the same time, grill hamburger buns on both sides.
Serve hamburger as open-faced patty with glaze on one side and garnishes on the other.