Tofu And Vegetable Tikka Masala2012-12-27
- Cuisine: Indian
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 loaf medium-firm tofu, cut into 32 equally sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil + 2 teaspoons extra
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or cayenne
- 1 small head cauliflower, florets only, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1" squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and cut into 1" squares
- 1/2 head of kale, stripped from their ribs, sliced thinly
- 1 jar Patak's(R) Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- Small handful cilantro, leaves and soft stems, minced
In a large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon canola oil, turmeric and paprika. Add tofu and toss gently to coat. Allow to marinate as you prep the rest of your vegetables.
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Season with salt, and add cauliflower. Blanch, 2-3 minutes, or until cauliflower is crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
Warm a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the tofu, and cook until golden brown on at least one side. Remove from heat.
Add 2 teaspoons oil to the pan. When shimmering, add red and green bell peppers. Saute a couple of minutes until slightly softened and blistered. Add kale, toss to coat with oil, and then cover. Cook 5 minutes until wilted slightly.
Add cauliflower, tofu and jar of Tikka Masala Sauce. Stir to coat all the vegetables. Turn down pan to a simmer. Cover, and cook 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve over rice.