Tomato and Runner Beans2014-01-02
- Yield : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds (750g) runner beans, sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- A few good lugs (ounces) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28 pound) can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Steam the beans in a foil covered colander over your potatoes or blanch in salted boiling water until tender.
Whilst the beans are cooking, make a quick tomato sauce by frying the garlic gently in some olive oil. Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil.
Add a little salt and pepper and simmer for about 15 minutes until you have a thick tomato sauce. Season, to taste.
Stir the beans into the sauce until they are all covered