- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked
- 4 ounces onions, chopped
- 4 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ounces chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 ounces chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- Hot sauce
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 green plantain, cut into 1/2-inch slices
Combine the shrimp, onions, tomatoes, cilantro and parsley Â in a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice and hot sauce to taste. Refrigerate overnight to cure the shrimp.
Heat about an inch of oil in a large skillet. Fry the plantains. Remove the plantains from the oil and press down with a wooden block or spoon to hollow them out so it looks like a small cup. Fry the cups again to firm them up.
Scoop the tomato mixture into the plantain cups.