Turkey Taco Stuffed Sweet Potato2014-12-01
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat7 grams
- 3 large sweet potatoes, baked or microwaved until tender
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- One 9-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3/4 cup jarred salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Cut the baked sweet potatoes in half and fluff their centers with a fork to create slight reservoirs in each. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it's browned, about 8 minutes. Add the black beans, corn, salsa and taco seasoning and cook, stirring, until they are heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Spoon the turkey taco mixture into the center of each sweet potato. Top each with avocado, a dollop of sour cream, some green onion and cilantro. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days.