Vegetable Couscous with Moroccan Pesto2017-10-20
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat9 grams
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (leaves and some stems)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (stems reserved for couscous)
- 2 tablespoons whole almonds
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 14 -ounce can peeled tomatoes, halved
- 2 small carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini and/or 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat couscous
Make the pesto:Â
Combine the cilantro, parsley leaves, almonds and garlic in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt; process until smooth.
Prepare the vegetables for the couscous: Heat a wide heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until the butter begins to brown. Add the onion. Tie the reserved parsley stems and cinnamon stick together with twine; add to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, 1 cup water, carrots, zucchini and/or Swiss chard, raisins, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the parsley and cinnamon.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous as the label directs. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, season with salt and pepper and fluff with a fork. Top the couscous with the vegetables and pesto.