Vegetable Tortilla Lasagne2019-06-27
- Yield : 2 servings
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large zucchini (about 10 ounces), cut in half and then cut crosswise into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Cayenne, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 1/4 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup bottled tomato salsa (about 9 ounces)
- 6 six-inch corn tortillas
- 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Accompaniment: lime wedges
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
In a skillet heat vegetable oil over moderately high heat. Add the zucchini, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the corn, stirring, and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a small bowl stir together ricotta, 1 cup Monterey Jack, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Put salsa in a fine sieve set over a bowl and drain 3 seconds (do not press on solids). Transfer salsa to another bowl.
Lightly grease a loaf pan, 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 3 inches, and trim tortillas with scissors into six 5 by 3 3/4-inch rectangles. Cover bottom of loaf pan with 2 tortillas, overlapping them in middle. Spread 1/4 cup salsa over tortillas and top with half cheese mixture, half zucchini, half peppers, half corn, and 1 tablespoon coriander. Make another layer of tortillas and vegetables in same manner. Top with remaining 2 tortillas, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/4 cup Monterey Jack, and 1 tablespoon coriander. Cover lasagna with foil and bake in middle of oven 12 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let lasagna stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving. Cut lasagna in half and serve with lime.