Warm Broccoli and Tofu Salad with Grilled Chinese Sausage and Chili Miso Vinaigrette2016-07-13
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 to 8 ounces Chinese sausage or smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and stems sliced on a bias
- 3 to 4 pieces of firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili oil (recipe follows)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
Heat a wok or large saute pan on high flame, add sesame oil, sausage and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add broccoli, cook additional 2 to 3 minutes and remove to a bowl.
In same pan or wok add tofu, ginger and toss quickly for 30 seconds. Remove to bowl with sausage and broccoli.
Reduce heat and add chili oil, garlic and soy sauce and whisk in mirin, miso, rice vinegar and season to taste. If heat is too high you may need more oil for consistency.
Plate broccoli, tofu and sausage mixture on plate and drizzle warm vinaigrette on top. Garnish with scallion or chives.