Warm Tortellini and Roasted Vegetable Salad2018-10-03
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5 grams
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow), cut into thick strips
- 1 small bulb fennel, trimmed, halved, cored and thinly sliced, plus 1/4 cup chopped fronds
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 9-ounce package spinach or cheese tortellini
- 1 5-ounce package baby kale (about 8 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the bell peppers, fennel, red onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs; drain. Put the kale in a large bowl and top with the warm tortellini and roasted vegetables.
Heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until it just starts browning, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar; pour over the tortellini mixture and toss to coat. Add the basil and fennel fronds, season with salt and pepper and toss.