Watercress, Avocado and Mango Salad2016-04-05
- Yield : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice, reduced to 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-ounces fresh watercress
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1 Haas avocado, cut into 6 wedges
Place the grapefruit juice in a small nonreactive saucepan and cook until reduced in volume by one-half. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine the cooled reduced grapefruit juice, honey, shallots, mustard and garlic and whisk to blend. While continuing to whisk, add the oil in a slow, steady drizzle until fully incorporated. Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large salad bowl, combine the watercress, mango, and 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette. Season lightly with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Serve salad with grilled seafood, simple grilled fish, or chicken, drizzled with extra vinaigrette if desired.