Watermelon and Halloumi2019-06-14
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 8 small wedges seedless watermelon, rind removed
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 8 slices
Place the shallot and garlic in a mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt. Add the vinegar and honey and whisk. Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil, then add the almonds and mint.
Place the watermelon in a shallow dish. Pour the dressing on top, cover and let marinate 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sear the halloumi 1 minute per side, then remove from the pan; top each with a piece of marinated watermelon.