White Bean and Roasted Garlic Dip2015-04-07
- Yield : 1 1/2 cups
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for roasting garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Two 14-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Assorted cut-up raw vegetables, such as carrots, celery and peppers, for serving
- Baked tortilla chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Slice off the very top of the garlic head. Drizzle the head with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place on a sheet tray and bake until tender and fragrant, roughly 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Remove the cloves and mash with a wooden spoon.
Add the olive oil, basil, mint, beans, lemon juice, and some salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until smooth. For a smooth texture, leave the machine running for a moment. Serve with the vegetables and baked tortilla chips.