White Bean and Smoked Bacon Dip2018-03-07
- Yield : 2 cups
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup julienned applewood-smoked bacon
- One 14-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 3 anchovies
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely minced
Render the bacon in a small pan over medium-low heat, stirring regularly to prevent burning. Drain on paper towels, reserving the fat.
Add the bacon, white beans, vinegar, shallots, nutmeg, anchovies, lemon zest and juice and garlic to a food processor and pulse until mostly smooth. Season with salt and pepper. With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and about 1 tablespoon of the reserved bacon fat to emulsify.
Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and fold in the parsley.