White Pizza with Everything Bagel Crust2012-11-21
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic (2 finely chopped, 1 grated)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 11/2 teaspoons caraway seeds Coarse cornmeal, for dusting
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or rosemary
- Pinch of red pepper flakes Kosher salt
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
Put a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on the middle oven rack and preheat to 450 degrees F for 1 hour. Meanwhile, bring the pizza dough to room temperature.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and chopped garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, 3 to 5 minutes; season with pepper. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
Combine the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, coarse salt and caraway seeds in a small bowl. Sprinkle a sheet of parchment paper with cornmeal. Stretch the pizza dough on the parchment into a 12-inch circle, pressing with your fingertips (lightly oil your hands if the dough is too sticky). Spread the shallot mixture around the edge of the dough and top with the seed mixture.
Combine the ricotta, parmesan, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the grated garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes in a bowl; season with kosher salt. Spread the ricotta mixture in the middle of the dough. Top with the mozzarella.
Slide the parchment onto a pizza peel or another inverted baking sheet, then slide the pizza (on the parchment) onto the hot stone. Bake until the crust is puffed and browned and the cheese is browned, 13 to 15 minutes.