Whole Carp Cooked In Bamboo: Ca Nuong Tre2017-09-05
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 (1 1/2 pounds / 700 g) whole carp, cleaned and scaled
- 2 knobs fresh turmeric, peeled
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces/200 ml fresh young coconut juice
- 1 banana leaf
- 2 tablespoons crushed roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons spring onion oil
- 1 long chile, sliced, for serving
Heat a charcoal grill to medium heat.
Slice the turmeric and pound into a paste in a mortar and pestle. Add dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and combine well.Â
Coat the fish with the turmeric and dill paste. Slide the fish into the bamboo then add young coconut juice. Seal the opened end of the bamboo with banana leaf and tie with bamboo string.
Place the bamboo on charcoal on medium heat and cook for 20 minutes. Once cooked, slide the fish onto a platter then top with spring onion oil and crushed peanuts. Garnish with chile.