Whole-Grain Spaghetti with Pecorino, Prosciutto and Pepper (Fall)2016-06-17
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 pound whole-grain (or whole-wheat) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons mixed colored peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups grated (6 ounces) pecorino
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
While the pasta is cooking: Heat a small, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peppercorns and toast for about 20 to 30 seconds. Add the oil and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat.
Drain the pasta reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Transfer the spaghetti to a large serving bowl. Add 1 cup of the pecorino and toss to combine, gradually adding reserved pasta water, if needed, to loosen up the pasta. Add the oil mixture, prosciutto, 2 tablespoons of parsley, and 2 tablespoons of basil. Toss well to combine all ingredients.
Garnish with the remaining pecorino, parsley, and basil.