Whole Roasted Side of Salmon2012-11-24
- Yield : 6 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 6 sprigs for garnish
- 4 to 6 dashes hot sauce
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 2 3/4-pound skinless side of salmon
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey, vinegar, rosemary and hot sauce. Taste, and add more hot sauce if desired.
In a second small bowl, stir together the panko, olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Lay the salmon on the prepared baking sheet; if necessary, trim the tail end so it lays flat. Sprinkle the salmon liberally with salt and pepper, then spread with the mayonnaise mixture. Cover the mayonnaise with the panko mixture, pressing it in lightly to adhere.
Roast for 16 to 18 minutes for medium salmon with a golden-brown crust. Let rest for 5 minutes. Use the parchment to transfer the salmon to a large serving platter, then lift part of the salmon with a large offset spatula and remove the parchment. Garnish the platter with rosemary sprigs and lemon wedges.