Yakima Valley Polenta Recipe2012-12-01
- Yield : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup port cooking wine (recommended: Paul Mason)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 pound organic Bing cherries, pitted
- 1 1/2 jumbo organic yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons herbs de Provence
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine (recommended: Farron Ridge)
- 3 quarts water
- 1 quart polenta
- Cooking spray, for sheet pan
- Olive oil, for brushing polenta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces organic green beans
- 12 ounces organic grilled sweet onion
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (recommended: Rosella's)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry reduction
- 6 ounces Cambazola cheese, cut into small bits, for garnish
For the Cherry Reduction:
Place all ingredients, except cherries, in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and until slightly viscous and coats spoon. Add the pitted cherries and heat briefly. Set aside.
For the Polenta:
Prep the onions by removing skin and core. Cut into small dice.
In a medium saute pan, add the onion, salt, and cooking wine and cook until liquid had reduced.
Bring water to a boil in a large stockpot. Slowly add polenta and herbes de Provence. Reduce the heat, add the onion mixture and continue to stir polenta until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Prepare a sheet pan with cooking spray and pour polenta onto sheet pan. When polenta has cooled completely, cut into portion size squares. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or preheat grill over medium-high heat.
Brush polenta with olive oil and place on a baking sheet or grill and bake or grill until browned.
For the Green Bean Saute:
In saute pan, heat olive oil, add green beans and onions, and cook until heated through. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and herbes de Provence. Saute until herbs are fragrant and then add lemon juice.
Remove from heat.
Reheat the cherry reduction.
To serve, lay out portions of polenta on each plate. Place onion/green bean saute over polenta and pour cherries and juice on top. Garnish with Cambazola cheese.