Zucchini-Muenster Meatloaf with Barbecue Glaze2013-12-11
- Yield : 6 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ground meatloaf mix (equal parts ground beef, pork and veal or turkey)
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the meatloaf mix, breadcrumbs, Muenster, carrots, ketchup, parsley, cilantro, Worcestershire, eggs, garlic, onion, zucchini, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and form it into a compact oval-shaped loaf, about 9 inches by 5 inches. Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes.
Stir together the barbecue sauce, honey, chile powder and vinegar in small bowl for the glaze. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and brush the top and sides all over with the glaze. Return to the oven and bake until the glaze starts to caramelize and a thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaf registers 160 degrees F, about 25 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.